Makes: 20 servings
Prep Time: 2 hours – overnight
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
1 lb venison steaks, cubed
1/2 t Greek seasoning, or to taste
1/4 t steak seasoning, or to taste
1 (16 oz) bottle Italian salad dressing
1/2 cup jalapeno pepper slices
10 slices bacon, cut in half
Toothpicks, soaked in water
- Season the venison meat with Greek seasoning and steak seasoning.
- Place in a bowl.
- Pour in enough Italian dressing to cover.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to marinate, but preferably overnight.
- Preheat the grill for medium heat.
- Drain the marinade from the meat and discard the marinade.
- Place a slice of jalapeno on top of each piece of meat.
- Wrap with a slice of bacon.
- Secure with a soaked toothpick.
- Repeat with remaining meat.
- Grill the venison poppers for 15 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally to brown the bacon.
- Remove and place on a plate.