Makes: 4+ servings
Prep Time: 2 hours to overnight
Cook Time: 2 hours
1 large bottle sweet chili sauce
1 to 2 T Garlic chili garlic sauce, depending the heat you like more or less
8 cloves chopped Garlic
1 c Honey
2 lbs chicken wings (cut up)
6 pack of your favorite beer
- Empty the sweet chili sauce in a bowl along with the garlic and garlic chili sauce, and honey, mix well at this point taste you may want to add more honey. (Honey will help cut the heat or if you like it hotter then add more garlic chili sauce)
- Wash the wings and pat dry add.
- Place wings into the mixture and cover.
- Marinade at least a couple of hours overnight.
- Prepare your grill for indirect cooking. Add wood smoke by placing wood chips in a foil pack on the appropriate place on your grill.
- Remove the wings from the marinade and place on the grill.
- Reserve Marinade:
- Put the reserved marinade into a sauce pan.
- Heat reserve marinade until it boils for a 5 minutes (keep your eye on this or it will boil over).
- Remove reserved marinade from the heat and set aside.
- Every 30 minutes, turn the wings after dipping into the reserved marinade to coat and place back on the grill. You will repeat this procedure until you have used all of the marinade. This usually takes a couple of hours, what this does is layer the flavor and allows you to have a couple of beverages of your choice.
- Once wings are fully cooked, remove and serve with celery, blue cheese dressing and a beverage of your choice.