Makes: TBD servings
Prep Time: TBD minutes
Cook Time: TBD minutes
4 Portabella Mushroom Caps, gills scraped out
2 lb Heirloom Tomatoes, diced
1 c Shredded Mozzarella or Cheddar
8 Basil Leaves, torn or chopped
½ c Bread Crumbs
2 t Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Heat grill to medium.
- Mix together tomatoes, cheese, bread crumbs, and basil. Season with salt & pepper.
- Brush the top side of the portabella caps with the extra virgin olive oil.
- Turn the mushrooms over and place a small handful of the tomato mixture on top.
- Using your hands or a spoon, push the mixture down and spread evenly over the mushroom.
- Place each of the caps into a Mr. Bar-B-Q Burger Basket or similar accessory, then close and secure the basket.
- Put the basket on the grill and cook until the cheese has melted (about 6 minutes).
Created by: Stuart & CO • Handcrafted in Brooklyn