Makes: 6 servings
Prep Time: 6 hours – overnight
Cook Time: 15-30 minutes
1 beef top round steak or 2 chuck shoulder steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 1 1/2 pounds)
1 c prepared salsa
8 c chopped iceberg lettuce or pre-packaged iceberg lettuce mix
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed, drained
1 c frozen corn, defrosted
1/3 c prepared ranch dressing
1/3 c prepared salsa
1 c broken tortilla chips (optional)
- Place beef steak and 1 cup salsa in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat.
- Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade.
- Place steak on grid and grill top round steak, uncovered, 16 to 18 minutes for medium rare doneness (chuck shoulder steaks 16 to 20 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness), turning occasionally.
- Remove; let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine lettuce, beans and corn in shallow serving bowl; toss.
- Carve steak into thin slices; arrange on top of salad.
- Drizzle dressing and 1/3 cup salsa separately over beef.
- Sprinkle with chips, if desired.