|Boneless Chicken Breasts, Diced into bite sized pieces
Sourdough Dinner Rolls
Yellow Onion, diced
Frozen or Fresh Peas
Russet Potato, peeled & diced
All Purpose Flour
Vegetable or Canola Oil
- Pre heat grill on medium heat.
- Heat pot over medium- high heat and add vegetable oil.
- When oil is hot add the diced chicken and cook until no pink is visible (about 3 minutes.) Seasoning with salt & pepper to taste.
- Add carrots and onions and cook another 3 minutes
- Add butter to the pot and stir until the butter melts.
- When butter is melted add the flour and stir constantly for 2 minutes to cook the flour.
- Now add the chicken broth and stir to combine all ingredients.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then lower to a simmer.
- Add the diced potatoes and simmer until broth has thickened to coat a spoon.
- While the broth is simmering cut the tops off the sourdough rolls about ¼ inch thick.
- Using a small spoon or your fingers remove the insides, being careful not to break the roll.
- Once the rolls and filling is ready, carefully ladle the filling into the bread bowls.
Note: The liquid will absorb in the dough so add more filling as necessary to fill to the top.
- Place the filled rolls into the basket and place on the grill.
- Once the filling starts to bubble on top remove the basket from the grill.
- Toast the bread tops on the grill and then remove the pot pies with a pair of tongs and place covers on.
Created by Stuart & Co • Handcrafted in Brooklyn