Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 50 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
3 T honey
3 T olive oil
1 T chopped fresh basil
1 T strawberry jam
1/4 t crushed red pepper flakes
1 clove garlic, minced
2 T red wine vinegar
1 T lemon juice
2 t white sugar
2 Gala apples, cored and cut into eighths
16 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Whisk together the honey, olive oil, basil, strawberry jam, red pepper flakes, garlic, red wine vinegar, lemon juice and white sugar in a small bowl.
- Place the apples and shrimp into a large resealable plastic bag.
- Pour the marinade over the shrimp and apples, seal the bag, and shake to coat.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Thread the shrimp and apples alternately on 4 metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Discard the remaining marinade.
- Cook the skewers on the grill until the shrimp are opaque (about 5 minutes per side).