Makes: 1 serving
Prep Time: 30 – 120 minutes
Cook Time: 50 – 60 minutes
- 1 Portabella mushroom
- Italian dressing, as needed
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- Handful fresh parsley
- Handful fresh oregano
- 1 tsp Butter
- 1 Bun
- 1⁄2 cup Romaine lettuce
- 1 oz Olive oil
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- 1 slice Tomato
- Marinade mushroom in Italian dressing for at least 1 hour, but no more than 4 hours.
- Finely chop Parsley and Oregano and mix.
- Wrap herbs in paper towels and run under cold water. Squeeze water out of paper towel. Repeat.
- Mix herbs with Parmesan cheese (2 tbsp to 1 cup of Parmesan).
- Place mushroom on grill. Grill cap-side down up first for 3-4 min. Flip to cap-side. Then, fill cap with parmesan cheese mixture.
- Butter bun and place on grill medium heat. Crisp bun and remove.
- Turn cap 1⁄4 turn after 1-1/2 minutes.
- Cook another 1-1/2 minutes or until done. Do not burn cap.
- Remove mushroom and place cheese side up on bun.
- Cut Romaine into long stips, lightly oil, salt and pepper and put on grill in a mound.
- Flip Romaine to get a light char.
- Remove Romaine and place on mushroom in a mound.
- Add sliced tomato and serve.
Brought to you by Operation BBQ Relief