Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 4 hours – overnight
Cook Time: 4 minutes
6 pears, firm but ripe, seeds removed
3/4 C Grand Marinier
2 T dark brown sugar
1 t vanilla extract
1 1/4 C mascarpone cheese
6 pecan shortbread cookies, crushed
1/2 C Grand Marinier
- Cut pears in half and remove the seeds.
- Marinate pears overnight, or for at least 4 hours in Grand Marinier, brown sugar and vanilla, in a sealable plastic bag.
- Preheat a grill for high heat. When the grill is hot, lightly oil the grate.
- Drain pears and place on hot grill just long enough to get grill marks on both sides, approximately 2 minutes per side.
- While pears are grilling, mix mascarpone cheese with crushed cookies (your favorite variety and brand), then add the liqueur and stir well. Set aside.
- Just before serving, add the mascarpone-cookie mixture to each pear half with a large spoon, filling in the hole where you removed the seeds.
- Place back on grill for an additional 2 minutes, rounded side down.
- Remove from grill and place on small plates.
- Serve with additional cookies or ice cream on the side.