Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 20 – 40 minutes
Cook Time: 10 – 20 minutes
- 1 lb eggplant
- 2 T good olive oil
- 2 – 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- Salt & pepper
- 1/4 c balsamic vinegar
- 1 T honey
- Fresh thyme (or other fresh herbs)
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Trim the eggplant, then slice lengthwise in half-inch thick strips. In a small bowl, mix the olive oil and garlic. Brush the cut sides of the eggplant with oil/garlic mixture, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on the grill for about 8 minutes, turning halfway through.
- While eggplant grills, mix balsamic vinegar and honey in a small pan and bring to a boil. Let cook down until thick.
- Layer the grilled eggplant on a platter and drizzle with the syrup. Sprinkle with fresh thyme.