Makes: 4-6 servings
Prep Time: 6 hours – overnight
Cook Time: 15 minutes
1 beef flank steak (about 1 1⁄2 to 2 pounds) or beef top round steak, cut 1 inch thick (about 1 – 3⁄4 pounds)
1/3 c fresh lime juice
1⁄4 c chopped fresh cilantro
1 T packed brown sugar
2 t minced chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
2 T adobo sauce (from chilies)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 t freshly grated lime peel
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl; mix well. Place beef steak and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat.
- Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade.
- Place steak on grid and grill uncovered to desired doneness, turning occasionally.
- Carve steak across the grain into thin slices.
- Season with salt, as desired.