Makes: 6 servings
Prep Time: 1 1/2 hours
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
1/4 c soy sauce
1/4 c cider vinegar
2 T honey
2 T canola oil
10 large mushrooms, cut in half
2 green onions, minced
3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into chunks
1/2 lb sliced thick cut bacon, cut in half
1 (8 oz) can pineapple chunks, drained
- In a large bowl, mix the soy sauce, cider vinegar, honey, canola oil, and green onions.
- Place the mushrooms and chicken into the mixture, and stir to coat.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator at least 1 hour.
- Preheat grill on high heat.
- Wrap the chicken chunks with bacon and thread onto skewers so that the bacon is secured.
- Alternate with mushroom halves and pineapple chunks.
- Lightly oil the grill grate.
- Arrange skewers on the grill.
- Cook 15 to 20 minutes or until bacon is crisp and chicken juices run clear. Brush occasionally occasionally with remaining soy sauce mixture