Makes: 24 servings (1 gallon)
Prep Time: 20 – 30 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 gal. water
- 1 C kosher salt
- 1 C white sugar
- 1 C brown sugar
- lemon pepper to taste
- 1 (3 oz) package dry crab and shrimp seasoning mix
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed or to taste
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 4 lemons, sliced and crushed
- 2 oranges, sliced and crushed
- 1 lime, sliced and crushed
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- Pour the water into a large bowl or small bucket.
Note: If you must use a pot, use one that does not contain aluminum.
- Stir in the kosher salt, white sugar, brown sugar, lemon pepper, parsley and seasoning mix.
- Add the garlic, hot pepper sauce, lemons, oranges, lime and onion.
- Soak your salmon in this brine for 12 to 36 hours.
- Remove salmon.
- Discrad remaining brine.
- Smoke using your desired method.