Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 – 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 – 30 minutes
- 4 portobello mushroom caps
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 T butter
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 c white wine
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Lightly oil cooking grids.
- Place mushrooms onto the grill, smooth side up.
- Grill until they start to soften, about 10 minutes.
- Turn over, and grill on the other side for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the shallot and fry for a few minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove mushrooms.
- Place mushrooms on a cutting board and slice.
- Place mushrooms into the skillet and increase the heat to high.
- Cook for about a minute, then pour in the wine.
- Continue to cook and stir until the wine is nearly evaporated.
- Remove from heat.