Makes: 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
1 stick unsalted butter
1/2 c brown sugar
8 ripe bananas
Vanilla ice cream
Hot Fudge Sauce (or Caramel, Butterscotch, etc.)
- Preheat your grill to medium (350-400ºF).
- Combine the butter and brown sugar in a small saucepan and cook over medium-low heat until the butter is completely melted and the sugar is dissolved.
- With a sharp knife, cut each banana in half lengthwise, leaving the peel on the halves.
- Brush the cut side of the banana halves with the sugar mixture and place the bananas cut side down on the grill.
- Grill until golden brown and caramelized, about 2 minutes.
- Turn the banana halves over, peel side down and brush each with more glaze.
- Grill 2-3 minutes longer or until tender.
- Remove the grilled bananas and place into a sundae dish or shallow bowl.
- Top with two scoops of vanilla ice cream, drizzle with your favorite dessert sauce, and top with whipped cream and chopped nuts.