Makes: 8 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
16 chicken thighs
1/2 t salt
1/4 t black pepper
1/2 c za’atar
1 T dried oregano
1/4 c olive oil
1/2 onion, diced
1 t garlic, minced
4 tomatoes, cut into 6 pieces each
2 bottles Hefenweizen Wheat Beer
1/2 c chicken stock
1/2 c green olives, pitted
1/2 c black olives, pitted
1 lemon, zested
- Place chicken thighs on flat surface; sprinkle with salt, pepper, za’atar and oregano.
- In deep skillet over medium high heat, warm olive oil. Add chicken thighs and cook, turning, until golden brown on each side, about 3 minutes per side. Add onion pieces, garlic, tomatoes, 1 bottle Hefenweizer Wheat Beer and chicken stock. Lower heat; cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Uncover pan; add second bottle of beer, green olives, black olives and lemon zest. Cook for 5 minutes, uncovered.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Place chicken thighs on grill and cook for 3 minutes on each side.
Recipe courtesy of the National Beer Wholesalers Association.