Makes: 6 servings
Prep Time: 2 – 5 hours
Cook Time: 15 minutes
2 pork tenderloins (about 1 1/2 to 2 pounds total), trimmed of silver skin
Vegetable oil for brushing
Marinade (makes about 1 cup)
Juice of 1 lime
3 T pureed chipotle peppers in adobo sauces
1/3 c fresh orange juice
1/4 c extra-virgin olive oil
2 large cloves garlic, minced
1 t kosher salt
1 t freshly ground black pepper
- In medium bowl combine all marinade ingredients.
- Stir thoroughly to blend.
- Use immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 1 month.
- Place tenderloins in a 1-gallon, resealable plastic bag or shallow baking pan.
- Coat all sides of pork with marinades.
- Seal bag or cover pan.
- Refrigerate and marinate 2 to 4 hours.
- Turn bag or pork occasionally to coat all sides.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes prior to grilling.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Brush the grill grate with vegetable oil.
- Place pork directly over medium fire.
- Cover grill and cook pork for about 6 minutes.
- Turn and cover again.
- Cook another 8 to 10 minutes, or until meat is slightly pink in the center, or an instant-read thermometer registers 160ºF when inserted into the tenderloin’s thickest part.
- Remove tenderloins, tent with foil and set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut the pork into 1-inch-thick slices, arrange on a plate and serve immediately.
Add unique flavor with this spicy marinade. Serve with a cool green salad and rice mix.
Recipe courtesy of National Pork Board.