Makes: 6 servings
Prep Time: 4 – 24 hours
Cook Time: 20 minutes
6 boneless pork center loin chops, 1 1/2-inch thick
1 T chili powder
1 T ground cumin
1 T ground black pepper
1/2 t salt
1 jalepeno chilie, seeded and minced
1 20-oz can pineapple tidbits, drained
1 medium cucumber, diced
1 T fresh lime juice
1 T brown sugar
Pinch of salt
- Firecracker Salsa
- In small bowl, stir together pineapple tidbits, diced cucumber, lime juice, brown sugar, salt and jalapeno chile (Wear rubber gloves when handling hot chile).
- Cover and refrigerate 4-24 hours to allow flavors to blend.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- In small bowl, mix together chili powder, cumin, pepper and salt.
- Rub evenly onto both sides of chops.
- Grill chops directly over fire for a total of 12-15 minutes, turning once.
- Serve with Firecracker Salsa.
Southwest-seasoned chops arrive from the grill to be dressed with a sweet-hot pineapple-jalapeno-cucumber salsa. Hot cornbread with honey-butter makes a great accompaniment.
Recipe courtesy of National Pork Board.