Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 6 hours – overnight
Cook Time: 25 minutes
1 beef flank steak (about 1 1⁄2 pounds)
8 medium flour tortillas, warmed
2 T fresh lime juice
2 t vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
Pico de Gallo
1⁄2 c chopped seeded tomato
1⁄2 c diced zucchini
1⁄4 chopped fresh cilantro
1⁄4 c prepared picante sauce or salsa
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl.
- Place beef steak and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat.
- Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Combine Pico de Gallo ingredients in medium bowl.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Remove steak; discard marinade.
- Place steak on grid and grill, uncovered, 17 to 21 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.
- Carve across the grain into thin slices.
- Serve in tortillas with Pico de Gallo.
Recipe and photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.