Makes: 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 13 minutes
1 lb ground pork
1/2 c chopped pepperoni (abut 2 ounces)*
1/2 c Italian style breadcrumbs
1/2 c prepared pizza sauce
1/2 t dried oregano leaves
1 c (4 oz) shredded Mozzarella cheese
6 sandwich buns
*Try using a clean pair of scissors to cut pepperoni into small pieces.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, stir together ground pork, pepperoni, bread crumbs, pizza sauce and oregano.
- Shape mixture into 6 patties.
- Grill burgers for 5 mintues per side, until an instant read thermometer reads 160ºF.
- Place burgers on buns; top each patty with cheese.
This recipe is a hit with kids. They are sure to love the burger and pepperoni combination. Ask them to help with mixing the ingredients and forming the patties. Serve with carrot and celery sticks.
Recipe courtesy of National Pork Board.