Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: Overnight
Cook Time: 1 1/2 hours
2 lb boneless pork loin roast
1 T salt
1/2 t ground pepper
1 t ground ginger
2 T vegetable oil
2 T cider vinegar
1/2 c brown sugar
3 T chili sauce
1 29-oz can peach slices in heavy syrup, undrained
- In blender, combine salt, pepper, ginger, oil, vinegar, brown sugar, chili sauce, and undrained peaches. Blend until smooth.
- Place pork loin in a heavy plastic bag, pour half of peach sauce over the loin; refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Refrigerate remaining peach sauce.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Add hickory chips, dampened with water, to heat source.
- Place pork on grill over drip pan.
- Baste often with marinade until internal temperature reaches 155-160ºF, about 60 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Slice thinly and serve with reserved peach sauce, heated.
Recipe courtesy of National Pork Board.