Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
4 bone-in pork loin rib chops, 1 1/4-inch thick
1/2 c carrot, shredded
1/4 c pecans, chopped
1/4 c crumbled blue cheese (1 ounce)
1 green onion, thinly sliced
1 t Worcestershire sauce
1/4 c plain yogurt
4 t flour
3/4 c milk
1/2 t chicken bouillon granules
Dash ground black pepper
2 T crumbled blue cheese (optional)
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- For stuffing
- Stir together carrot, pecans, 1/4 cup blue cheese, green onion and Worcestershire sauce in small bowl.
- Cut opening in each chop from the outer side; widen opening into pocket, being careful not to cut through the other side of the chop.
- Fill pockets in chops with equal amounts of the stuffing.
- Secure with toothpicks.
- Place on grid and grill until internal temperature is 160ºF. (check temperature in thickest part of meat).
- For sauce
- Stir together yogurt and flour in small saucepan.
- Whisk in milk, bouillon granules and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat until thickened and bubbly, whisking constantly.
- Cook and whisk for 2 minutes more.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons blue cheese, if desired.
- Remove toothpicks from chops.
- Spoon sauce over chops.
Recipe courtesy of National Pork Board.