Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 12 – 15 minutes
1 1/2 lb lean ground pork
2 T beer
1 t hot pepper sauce
1 t Worcestershire sauce
1 large sweet onion, peeled and sliced thick
1 T butter
1/2 t sugar
4 large sandwich buns
- Preheat grill to medium.
- In large bowl mix together ground pork, beer, hot pepper sauce, Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper to taste.
- Form into four large patties, about 1/2 inch thick, handling as little as possible.
- Meanwhile, in a large heavy skillet, sauté onion slices in butter over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes, until onions are soft and start to caramelize; keep warm.
- Grill patties directly over fire until nicely browned on both sides, for a total of 12-15 minutes, until an instant read thermometer reads 160ºF.
- Serve on buns topped with sautéed onions.
Recipe courtesy of National Pork Board.