Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 4 – 24 hours
Cook Time: 2 hours
4 lb pork loin back ribs or meaty spareribs
1 T brown sugar
1 T paprika
1 T onion powder
3/4 t celery salt
3/4 t ground cumin
1/2 t black pepper
3 c wood chips (use hickory or oak chips for the best flavor)
- Cut ribs into 4 portions.
- Place ribs in shallow dish.
- In small bowl, combine brown sugar, paprika, onion powder, celery salt, cumin and black pepper; rub evenly over meaty side of ribs.
- Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 4 to 24 hours.
- At least 1 hour before grilling, soak wood chips in enough water to cover. Drain before using.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Add 1/2-inch hot water to drip pan. Sprinkle half of the drained wood chips over the coals.
- Place ribs, bone side down, on grill rack over drip pan.
- Cover and grill for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until ribs are tender.
Recipe courtesy of National Pork Board.