Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
1 whole pork tenderloin
1 T fresh sage
2 t fresh thyme leaves
1 t fresh marjoram leaves
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 9-inch-round focaccia, sliced horizontally in half
6 T roasted garlic mayonnaise (Purchased of Homemade)*
1 4-oz jar roasted red pepper, drained
4 oz fresh spinach leaves
- Prepare medium-hot fire in grill.
- In a small bowl, mix together herbs, salt and pepper.
- Rub over tenderloin.
- Grill tenderloin over direct heat for a total of 15-20 minutes, turning to brown evenly, to an internal temperature of 155 degrees F.
- Remove from grill, set aside.
- Spread mayonnaise on one cut side of focaccia, top with red pepper pieces.
- Thinly slice tenderloin and layer on top of red pepper; top with spinach leaves.
- Close sandwich and cut into wedges to serve.
Roasted Garlic Mayonnaise-Homemade
- Roast one large head of garlic (wrap in heavy foil, place in 350 degrees F. oven for 30 minutes; let cool and squeeze garlic from skins).
- Mix mashed garlic into 1 cup mayonnaise
- Cover and keep refrigerated.
Recipe courtesy of National Pork Board.