Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8 – 10 minutes
1 lb Ground Beef
1/4 c beer
2 T Worcestershire sauce
4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
4 slices reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
4 extra-thick slices Maplewood smoked bacon, cut in half, cooked crisp
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Combine Ground Beef, beer and Worcestershire sauce in medium bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 7 to 9 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally.
- About 2 minutes before burgers are done, place buns, cut-side down, on grid. Grill until lightly toasted.
- During last minute of grilling, top each burger with cheese.
- Place burgers on bottom of buns; top with bacon slices.
- Close sandwiches.
Recipe and photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.