Makes: 12 servings
Prep Time: Overnight
Cook Time: 20 minutes
1 1/2 lb boneless pork loin chops (about 6)
1/4 c olive oil
2 T lime juice
1 t dried oregano
1 t chili powder
1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
1 15-oz can black beans, drained
4 oz sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
1 8-oz jar salsa (mild, medium or hot)
16 oz (2 cups) sour cream
3 c cooked white rice
1 2 1/2-oz. can sliced black olives, drained
2 green onions, thinly sliced
Corn tortilla chips
2 ripe avocados
1 T lemon juice
1 T minced onion
3 T minced cilantro
1 chopped tomato
1 seeded and minced jalapeno chile
- Place pork chops in a self-sealing plastic bag and add the olive oil, lime juice and seasonings.
- Let marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Remove chops from marinade; pat dry and grill or broil just until cooked and nicely browned, about 8 minutes total.
- Set aside to cool.
- Cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Assemble salad up to an hour before serving: In a 5-quart, straight-sided glass bowl or casserole dish, layer shredded lettuce, black beans, Cheddar cheese, pork pieces and guacamole. Spread 1 cup of the salsa over the top.
- Mix the sour cream and rice together and spread over the top of the salad, covering completely.
- Put the remaining salsa in the middle of the sour cream layer.
- Garnish the salad with the olives and green onions.
- Serve tortilla chips on the side.
Recipe courtesy of National Pork Board.