Makes: 3 – 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 1/2 hours
3 to 4 lb back ribs
2 T packed brown sugar
2 t dried oregano leaves (preferably Mexican oregano)
3/4 t ground cumin
1/2 t salt
1/4 t ground red pepper
Smoky Pineapple-Mango Sauce
1/3 c pineapple juice
1/4 c vegetable oil
1/4 c fresh lime juice
3/4 c chopped fresh mango
2 T chopped fresh cilantro
1 T chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
1/2 t dried oregano leaves
1/4 t salt
1 clove garlic, minced (1/2 t)
- Preheat grill to medium.
- In small bowl, stir together rub ingredients; rub onto all surfaces of ribs.
- Grill ribs over indirect medium heat (about 350ºF.) for 1 hour.
- Place sauce ingredients in food processor or blender container; process until nearly smooth.
- Reserve half of sauce to serve with finished ribs.
- Brush remaining sauce on ribs; grill for an additional 30 minutes until ribs are tender and meat pulls from the bone.
- Heat reserved sauce and serve with ribs.
Recipe courtesy of National Pork Board.