Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
1/2 c bourbon (can substitute 2 tablespoons cider vinegar)
1/2 c honey
1/2 c mustard
1 t dried tarragon
3-4 sweet potatoes cut into 24 one-inch cubes
1 1/2 lb pork tenderloin, cut into 24 one-inch cubes
4 medium reipe unpeeled peaches, pitted and quartered
4 green peppers, each cut into 8 two-inch pieces
8 yellow onion, each cut into 4 two-inch pieces
Olive oil for grilling
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Mix first four ingredients in a bowl; stir well and set glaze aside.
- Steam or boil, sweet potatoes until crisp-tender.
- Thread 3 sweet potato cubes, 3 pork cubes, 2 peach quarters, 4 green pepper pieces and 4 onion pieces alternately onto each of eight 10-inch skewers.
- Brush kabobs with honey glaze mixture.
- Lightly oil grill.
- Place kabobs on grid and grill for 5 minutes on each side or until thoroughly heated, basting occasionally with glaze.
Give your grill a new thrill with these spiked kabobs. Serve with favorite potato salad, grilled corn on the cob and cold melon for dessert.
Recipe courtesy of National Pork Board.