Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
8 thin boneless pork chops, about 2 oz each
1/2 c hoisin sauce
1 T mild vinegar
1 T soy sauce
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 t sesame oil
4 pita pocket breads, halved
1 15 1/2-oz. can pineapple tidbits in juice, drained
1 jalapeno chili, minced
1 T lime juice
1 T honey
1 T olive oil
3 green onions, chopped
2 T chopped cilantro
Salt and pepper
- Make Pineapple Relish
- In medium bowl, stir together pineapple, jalapeno, lime juice, honey, olive oil, green onion and cilantro.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and set aside.
- Place pork chops in self-sealing bag; in small bowl stir together hoisin, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, and sesame oil.
- Pour hoisin mixture over pork; seal bag and toss gently to coat well; set aside for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Remove chops from bag (discard any remaining marinade).
- Grill directly over fire for about 2 minutes per side, until nicely browned.
- Place pork chop in each pita half and top with some Pineapple Relish.
- Serve and enjoy.
Recipe courtesy of National Pork Board.