Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
4 each Heirloom tomatoes (assorted varieties and colors)
4 each Walla Walla spring onions
6-8 oz. Beecher’s Flagship reserve cheese (crumbed)
6 oz. Broken coffee vinaigrette
8 each Basil leaves
16 each Ocean Garden 21/25 Mexican shrimp (grilled)
Broken Coffee Vinaigrette
4 oz. White Balsamic Vinegar
1.25 oz. Worcestershire Sauce
1 pinch Sugar
2 t Chopped shallots
2 oz. Extra virgin olive oil
1 oz. Coffee (brewed)
- Slice the tomatoes into 3 slices each.
- Slice the onions into 3 equal slices also.
- Alternate them on the plates.
- Drizzle the dressing over the tomatoes and onions.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top of the salad and garnish with the basil leaves and the grilled prawns.
- Broken Coffee Vinaigrette: Combine all ingredients and place in cuisinart blender until just combined.
- Place in a clean squeeze bottle and reserve for service.
- Remove the shells from the shrimp/prawns but leave the tail intact.
- Remove the black intestinal vein with a sharp knife and skewer several shrimp/prawns onto a wooden skewer that has been soaked in warm water for at least 20 minutes.
- Place a layer of aluminium foil onto the rack inside the grill. DO NOT cover the entire cooking area with aluminium foil.
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Once the grill is hot, place the skewered shrimp/prawns under the grill, leaving room between each skewer.
- Brush the shrimp/prawns with a little olive oil and then sprinkle them with salt, pepper and garlic.
- Grill for 3 – 4 minutes or until the shrimp/prawns have turned pink, turning the skewers once halfway through cooking time.
- Remove from the heat and serve.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Ocean Garden Products, Inc.