Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
1 pkg (1 1⁄2 to 1 3⁄4 pounds) peppercorn-flavored beef filet of sirloin
3⁄4 c mayonnaise
1⁄4 c finely chopped oil-packed dried tomatoes
1 T prepared balsamic vinaigrette
1 pkg (5 to 6 ounces) mixed baby greens
3 T prepared balsamic vinaigrette
1 loaf French bread (approx. 24 x 4 inches)
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Cut beef roast lengthwise in half.
- Place beef on grid and grill, uncovered, 13 to 15 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile combine mayonnaise, tomatoes and 1 tablespoon vinaigrette in small bowl; mix well.
- Combine greens and 3 tablespoons vinaigrette in large bowl; toss.
- Cut bread horizontally in half.
- Carve beef into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Arrange greens on bottom half of bread; top with beef, then with mayonnaise mixture (aioli).
- Cover with top half of bread; cut crosswise into 4 sandwiches.
Recipe and photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.