Makes: TBD servings
Prep Time: TBD minutes
Cook Time: TBD minutes
6 8 oz. Filet Mignon
2 T Beef Rub
2 bunches Asparagus
1 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 T Balsamic Reduction
1/4 c Shaved Pecorino Romano
1/2 stick Butter
2 T Crumbled Blue Cheese
2 T Salt
- Preheat grill on medium-high heat.
- Season Filet Mignon with a Beef Rub and set aside.
- Bring a large pot (for asparagus) to a boil and add the salt.
- Cut 1 inch off bottom ends of asparagus then drop in the water.
- After 2 minutes, remove the asparagus and shock in a bowl of ice water.
- Once the asparagus is cooled, drain on a paper towel.
- Pour balsamic vinegar and sugar into a sauce pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until balsamic is thick enough to coat a spoon. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Let the butter sit out until soft, then place in food processor with the blue cheese and pulse until well combined.
- Scrape out all the blue cheese butter onto a piece of wax paper and roll into tubes about 1 inch in diameter.
- Place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Using a vegetable peeler shave the pecorino into thin strips and set aside.
- Place the Filet Mignon on the grill and cook on each side for 7-10 minutes, then remove to rest.
- Toss the asparagus with the Extra Virgin olive oil, salt & pepper and grill until slightly blackened.
- Remove and place on a platter.
- Drizzle the asparagus with the balsamic and cover with the shaved pecorino and some black pepper.
- Take out the blue cheese butter and slice into disks about ¼” thick.
- Place blue cheese butter on top of each filet.
Created by: Stuart & Co • Handcrafted in Brooklyn