Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
1 1/3-lb skinless Pacific albacore, cut into 3/4 inch thick loin cuts
2 T + 2 t olive oil
6 T + 2 t olive oil
1/8 t black pepper
1/8 t salt
1/2 t oregano, crushed
dash of cayenne
Sauteed Red Peppers (see below)
2 French rolls, split lengthwise
1/4 c chopped basil
Sauteed Red Peppers
1 red pepper, roasted, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch strips
2 t olive oil
2 t minced garlic
1 medium onion, sliced into thin half-hings
- Rinse albacore with cold water; pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- Make vinaigrette by combining oil, lemon juice, pepper, salt, oregano and cayenne; mix well. Divide in half.
- Marinate albacore in one-half of the vinaigrette for 30 minutes, turning once.
- While fish is marinating, make Sautéed Red Peppers. In non-stick pan, sauté garlic and onion in oil until onion is translucent.
- Stir in red peppers and remove from heat.
- Set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Drain albacore, reserving marinade.
- Lightly oil the cooking grids.
- Cook 5-6 minutes, turning once and basting frequently. Do not overcook! Albacore should be pink in center when removed from the heat.
- Toast rolls lightly on grill.
- Place grilled albacore on rolls and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Oregon Albacore.