Makes: 6 servings
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 8 – 10 minutes
1-1/2 lb ground beef
6 sesame seed sandwich rolls, split, toasted
1 c watercress or mixed spring greens
1 T curry powder
1 T Caribbean jerk seasoning
1 t salt
1/2 c reduced-fat mayonnaise
1/4 c low-fat plain yogurt
1 T fresh lime juice
2 t grated lime peel
1/4 t salt
- Combine ground beef and seasoning ingredients in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
- Shape into six 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals.
- Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 7 to 9 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile combine sauce ingredients in small bowl; set aside.
- Spread sauce on cut sides of rolls. Place one burger on bottom half of each roll; top evenly with watercress.
- Close sandwiches and enjoy.
Recipe and photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.