Makes: 5 servings
Prep Time: 2 hours
Cook Time: 30 minutes
4 fresh California King Salmon fillets© (6 oz.)
2 c white wine or vegetable broth
2 c clam juice or fish stock
1 lemon, quartered
2 mint sprigs
8 oz mixed salad greens
2 c fresh pineapple cubes, well drained
1-1/3 c fresh raspberries
2 kiwis, peeled and sliced
- Soak a Mr. Bar-B-Q® cedar plank in water for at least two hours and then drain.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat, for indirect cooking.
- Place the cedar plank in the center of the hot grate, and heat for 10 minutes.
- While the plank is heating, use a zester or the small holes on a box grater and remove about one teaspoon of the outer skin of the orange and combine with the marmalade, mustard, and mint leaves.
- Slice the orange into thin slices, removing the outer peel, and set aside.
- Carefully lay the salmon fillets (on what was skin-side down) on the hot plank, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and top with the orange glaze.
- Place the orange slices and almonds if desired on top.
- Cook, with grill covered, until the salmon flakes, about 30 minutes.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Ocean Garden Products, Inc.