Makes: 4 servings
Total Time: 30 minutes
1-1/2 pounds Ground Beef
1 large sweet onion, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch thick slices
Salt and pepper
4 hamburger buns, split, toasted
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Lightly shape Ground Beef into four 3/4-inch thick patties. Brush onion slices with oil.
- Shape into four 3/4-inch thick patties.
- Place patties and onion slices on grid. Grill, covered, 13 to 14 minutes until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally.
- Grill onions, 10 to 12 minutes or until tender, brushing with oil and turning occasionally.
- Season burgers and onions with salt and pepper as desired.
- Line bottom of each bun with lettuce. Place burgers on top of lettuce. Top with tomatoes and grilled onions. Close bun.
Recipe and photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.