Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 2 hours
Cook Time: 10 minutes
1 lb beef top round steak, cut 1 inch thick
1⁄2 c prepared oriental salad dressing
1 t packed brown sugar
1 T finely chopped cilantro
1 T finely chopped fresh ginger
1⁄2 c creamy peanut butter
1/3 c milk
1 T fresh lime juice
2 t soy sauce
1 t sugar
1⁄2 t ground ginger
1/8 t ground red pepper
- Soak 12 six-inch bamboo skewers in water 10 minutes; drain.
- Cut steak into 1/8-inch strips; set aside.
- Combine marinade ingredients in medium bowl, reserve 1/2 for basting. Add beef strips; toss to coat.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator up to 2 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Meanwhile combine sauce ingredients.
- Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade. Thread beef, weaving back and forth onto each skewer.
- Place kabobs on grid and grill uncovered to desired doneness, turning once and brushing with remaining marinade.
- Serve with peanut sauce.
Recipe and photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.