Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 6 hours – overnight
Cook Time: 25 minutes
1 1⁄2 lb beef shoulder center steaks (Ranch Steaks), cut 1 inch thick
Salt and pepper
1⁄2 medium pineapple, peeled, cored, cut into 1 1⁄2-inch chunks (about 3 cups)
1 medium red onion, cut into 12 wedges
1 large red or green bell pepper, cut into 1 1⁄2 inch pieces
2 t freshly grated lime peel
1⁄2 t salt
- Cut beef steaks into 1-1/4-inch pieces. Combine marinade ingredients in medium bowl. Remove and reserve 2 tablespoons for salsa. Add beef to remaining marinade; toss to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade. Thread beef pieces onto six 10-inch metal skewers, leaving small space between pieces. Alternately thread fruit and vegetable pieces evenly onto six 10-inch metal skewers.
- Place fruit and vegetable kabobs on grid and grill, uncovered, 12 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender, turning occasionally. Remove; keep warm. Place beef kabobs in center of grid. Grill, covered, 7 to 9 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.
- Remove fruit and vegetables from skewers; coarsely chop. Combine with reserved marinade, lime peel and 1/2 teaspoon salt in medium bowl. Season beef with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Serve with Pineapple Salsa.
Recipe and photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.