Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 1/4 hours
2 slabs pork spareribs
1 c ketchup
1/4 c Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 c cherry cola soft drink
1/4 c vinegar
2 t paprika
2 t chili powder
1 t ground black pepper
1 medium onion, chopped
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat, for indirect cooking.
- Prepare a medium-hot banked fire in covered kettle style grill.
- Cut each slab of ribs between ribs into four pieces.
- Place rib-side-down over indirect heat and grill for 1 1/4 hours.
- In a saucepan combine catsup, Worcestershire sauce, cherry cola, vinegar, paprika, chili powder, pepper and onion; simmer 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Brush ribs generously with sauce and continue to cook, about 20-30 minutes, basting and turning often, until ribs are nicely glazed.
Recipe courtesy of National Pork Board.