Makes: 20 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 4 1/2 hours
1 5-lb boneless pork butt (shoulder roast)
1 1/2 t paprika
1 1/2 t ground white pepper
1 1/2 t black pepper
1 t cayenne
1 t dried thyme
1 t onion powder
1/2 t salt
Soft sandwich buns
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat, for indirect cooking.
- Combine all seasonings well in a small bowl and rub evenly over roast.
- Position pork over a drip pan; add about 1/2 inch water or apple juice to drip pan.
- Grill over indirect heat for 3 1/2-4 hours, until pork is very tender.
- Remove pork to large cutting board or platter and let rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Slice or chop to serve.
Recipe courtesy of National Pork Board.